Terms and Conditions | David Yurman
Effective Date: 10/31/13
Accuracy, Completeness and Timeliness of Information on the Site
David Yurman is not responsible if information made available on the Site is not accurate, complete or current. The material on the Site is provided for general information only and should not be relied upon or used as the sole basis for making decisions without consulting primary, more accurate, more complete or more timely sources of information. Any reliance on the material on the Site is at your own risk. The Site may contain certain historical information. Historical information necessarily is not current and is provided for your reference only. We reserve the right to modify the contents of the Site at any time, but we have no obligation to update any information on the Site. You agree that it is your responsibility to monitor changes to the Site.
Use of Materials on the Site
All content on the Site (including, without limitation, text, design, graphics, logos, icons, images, audio clips, downloads, interfaces, code and software, as well as the selection and arrangement thereof) is the exclusive property of and owned by David Yurman, its licensors or its content providers and is protected by copyright, trademark and other applicable laws. You may access, copy, download and print the material contained on the Site for your personal and non-commercial use, provided you do not modify or delete any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notice that appears on the material you access, copy, download or print. Any other use of content on the Site, including but not limited to the modification, distribution, transmission, performance, broadcast, publication, uploading, licensing, reverse engineering, transfer or sale of, or the creation of derivative works from, any material, information, software, products or services obtained from the Site, or use of the Site for purposes competitive to David Yurman, is expressly prohibited. You agree to abide by all additional restrictions displayed on the Site as it may be updated from time to time. David Yurman reserves the right to refuse or cancel any person’s registration for the Site, remove any person from the Site or prohibit any person from using the Site for any reason whatsoever. David Yurman, or its licensors or content providers, retain full and complete title to the material provided on the Site, including all associated intellectual property rights, and provide this material to you under a license that is revocable at any time in David Yurman’s sole discretion. David Yurman neither warrants nor represents that your use of materials on the Site will not infringe rights of third parties not affiliated with David Yurman.
You may not use contact information provided on the Site for unauthorized purposes, including marketing. You may not use any hardware or software intended to damage or interfere with the proper working of the Site or to surreptitiously intercept any system, data or personal information from the Site. You agree not to interrupt or attempt to interrupt the operation of the Site in any way. David Yurman reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to limit or terminate your access to or use of the Site at any time without notice. Termination of your access or use will not waive or affect any other right or relief to which David Yurman may be entitled at law or in equity.
Materials You Submit
You acknowledge that you are responsible for any material you may submit via the Site, including the legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality and copyright of any such material. You may not upload to, distribute or otherwise publish through the Site any content that (i) is confidential, proprietary, false, fraudulent, libelous, defamatory, obscene, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, infringing on intellectual property rights, abusive, illegal or otherwise objectionable; (ii) may constitute or encourage a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party or otherwise give rise to liability or violate any law; or (iii) may contain software viruses, political campaigning, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of "spam.” You may not use a false email address or other identifying information, impersonate any person or entity or otherwise mislead as to the origin of any content. You may not upload commercial content onto the Site.
If you do submit material, and unless we indicate otherwise, you grant David Yurman an unrestricted, nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable and fully sublicensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute and display such material throughout the world in any media. You further agree that David Yurman is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how that you or individuals acting on your behalf provide to David Yurman. You grant David Yurman the right to use the name you submit in connection with such material, if the company so chooses. You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all the rights to the content you post; that the content is accurate; that use of the content you supply does not violate any provision herein and will not cause injury to any person or entity; and that you will indemnify David Yurman for all claims resulting from content you supply.
Conduct on the Site
Some features that may be available on the Site require registration. By registering at and in consideration of your use of the Site you agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself.
Some features on the Site require use of a password. You are responsible for protecting your password. You agree that you will be responsible for any and all statements made, and acts or omissions that occur, through the use of your password. If you have any reason to believe or become aware of any loss, theft or unauthorized use of your password, notify David Yurman immediately. David Yurman may assume that any communications the company receives under your password have been made by you unless the company receives notice otherwise.
You or third parties acting on your behalf are not allowed to frame the Site or use our proprietary marks as meta tags, without our written consent. These marks include, but are not limited to, David Yurman® D. Yurman® and D.Y. ®. You may not use frames or utilize framing techniques or technology to enclose any content included on the Site without David Yurman’s express written consent. Further, you may not utilize any Site content in any meta tags or any other "hidden text” techniques or technologies without David Yurman’s express written consent.
Sales on this Site are subject to our Return Policy.
YOU ARE HEREBY INFORMED THAT DAVID YURMAN HAS ADOPTED AND REASONABLY IMPLEMENTED A POLICY THAT PROVIDES FOR THE TERMINATION IN APPROPRIATE CIRCUMSTANCES OF SUBSCRIBERS AND ACCOUNT HOLDERS OF DAVID YURMAN’S SYSTEM OR NETWORK WHO ARE REPEAT COPYRIGHT INFRINGERS. IF YOU BELIEVE YOUR COPYRIGHT OR THE COPYRIGHT OF A PERSON ON WHOSE BEHALF YOU ARE AUTHORIZED TO ACT HAS BEEN INFRINGED, YOU MAY NOTIFY OUR COPYRIGHT AGENT:
DAVID YURMAN ENTERPRISES LLC
24 VESTRY STREET
NEW YORK, NY 10013
TO BE EFFECTIVE, YOUR NOTIFICATION MUST (I) BE IN WRITING, (II) BE PROVIDED TO OUR COPYRIGHT AGENT, AND (III) INCLUDE SUBSTANTIALLY THE FOLLOWING:
1. A PHYSICAL OR ELECTRONIC SIGNATURE OF A PERSON AUTHORIZED TO ACT ON BEHALF OF THE OWNER OF AN EXCLUSIVE RIGHT THAT IS ALLEGEDLY INFRINGED;
2. IDENTIFICATION OF THE COPYRIGHTED WORK CLAIMED TO HAVE BEEN INFRINGED, OR, IF MULTIPLE COPYRIGHTED WORKS AT A SINGLE ONLINE SITE ARE COVERED BY A SINGLE NOTIFICATION, A REPRESENTATIVE LIST OF SUCH WORKS AT THAT SITE;
3. IDENTIFICATION OF THE MATERIAL THAT IS CLAIMED TO BE INFRINGING OR TO BE THE SUBJECT OF INFRINGING ACTIVITY AND THAT IS TO BE REMOVED OR ACCESS TO WHICH IS TO BE DISABLED, AND INFORMATION REASONABLY SUFFICIENT TO PERMIT THE SERVICE PROVIDER TO LOCATE THE MATERIAL;
4. INFORMATION REASONABLY SUFFICIENT TO PERMIT THE SERVICE PROVIDER TO CONTACT THE COMPLAINING PARTY, SUCH AS AN ADDRESS, TELEPHONE NUMBER, AND, IF AVAILABLE, AN ELECTRONIC MAIL ADDRESS AT WHICH THE COMPLAINING PARTY MAY BE CONTACTED;
5. A STATEMENT THAT THE COMPLAINING PARTY HAS A GOOD FAITH BELIEF THAT USE OF THE MATERIAL IN THE MANNER COMPLAINED OF IS NOT AUTHORIZED BY THE COPYRIGHT OWNER, ITS AGENT, OR THE LAW; AND
6. A STATEMENT THAT THE INFORMATION IN THE NOTIFICATION IS ACCURATE, AND UNDER PENALTY OF PERJURY, THAT THE COMPLAINING PARTY IS AUTHORIZED TO ACT ON BEHALF OF THE OWNER OF AN EXCLUSIVE RIGHT THAT IS ALLEGEDLY INFRINGED.
DAVID YURMAN IS UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO POST, FORWARD, TRANSMIT, DISTRIBUTE OR OTHERWISE PROVIDE ANY MATERIAL AVAILABLE ON THE SITE, INCLUDING MATERIAL YOU PROVIDE TO US, AND SO WE HAVE AN ABSOLUTE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY MATERIAL FROM THE SITE IN OUR SOLE DISCRETION AT ANY TIME.
YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO RESTRICT OR TERMINATE YOUR ACCESS TO THE SITE OR ANY FEATURE OR PART THEREOF AT ANY TIME. DAVID YURMAN EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND ANY WARRANTIES THAT MATERIALS ON THE SITE ARE NONINFRINGING, AS WELL AS WARRANTIES IMPLIED FROM A COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR COURSE OF DEALING; THAT ACCESS TO THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE; THAT THE SITE WILL BE SECURE; THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES THE SITE AVAILABLE WILL BE VIRUS-FREE; OR THAT INFORMATION ON THE SITE WILL BE COMPLETE, ACCURATE OR TIMELY. IF YOU DOWNLOAD ANY MATERIALS FROM THE SITE, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK. YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIALS. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM DAVID YURMAN OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. THE COMPANY DOES NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE SITE OR THE USE OF THE MATERIALS ON THE SITE IN TERMS OF THEIR COMPLETENESS, CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, ADEQUACY, USEFULNESS, TIMELINESS, RELIABILITY OR OTHERWISE.
IN CERTAIN JURISDICTIONS, THE LAW MAY NOT PERMIT THE DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE DISCLAIMER MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THE SITE. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ANY INFORMATION YOU SEND OR RECEIVE DURING YOUR USE OF THE SITE MAY NOT BE SECURE AND MAY BE INTERCEPTED BY UNAUTHORIZED PARTIES. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THAT THE SITE IS MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU AT NO CHARGE. RECOGNIZING SUCH, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, NEITHER DAVID YURMAN NOR ITS SUPPLIERS OR THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE SITE, OR ANY OTHER SITES YOU ACCESS THROUGH A LINK FROM THE SITE OR FROM ANY ACTIONS WE TAKE OR FAIL TO TAKE AS A RESULT OF COMMUNICATIONS YOU SEND TO US, OR THE DELAY OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, OR FOR ANY INFORMATION, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES ADVERTISED IN OR OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE, DAVID YURMAN’S REMOVAL OR DELETION OF ANY MATERIALS SUBMITTED OR POSTED ON ITS SITE, OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THE SITE, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF DAVID YURMAN OR ANY OF ITS SUPPLIERS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES. THIS DISCLAIMER APPLIES, WITHOUT LIMITATION, TO ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY ARISING FROM ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECTS, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUSES, FILE CORRUPTION, COMMUNICATION-LINE FAILURE, NETWORK OR SYSTEM OUTAGE, YOUR LOSS OF PROFITS, OR THEFT, DESTRUCTION, UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, LOSS OR USE OF ANY RECORD OR DATA, AND ANY OTHER TANGIBLE OR INTANGIBLE LOSS. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT NEITHER DAVID YURMAN NOR ITS SUPPLIERS SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY USER OF THE SITE. YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY OF THE ABOVE CLAIMS OR ANY DISPUTE WITH DAVID YURMAN IS TO DISCONTINUE YOUR USE OF THE SITE. YOU AND DAVID YURMAN AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE SITE MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES OR THE CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, ALL OR A PORTION OF THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
ENTIRE AGREEMENT AND ADMISSIBILITY
IF ANY PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT IS UNLAWFUL, VOID OR UNENFORCEABLE, THE REMAINING PROVISIONS OF THE AGREEMENT WILL REMAIN IN PLACE.
DAVID YURMAN ENTERPRISES LLC’S CALIFORNIA TRANSPARENCY IN SUPPLY CHAINS ACT OF 2010 CORPORATE DISCLOSURE
David Yurman Enterprises LLC recognizes the pervasiveness of practices that could be construed as slavery and human trafficking, and we are committed to addressing these types of issues within our supply and distribution chains. With that, we comply with all applicable laws and regulations in the countries where we manufacture products and expect that our manufactures and suppliers (collectively, “Supplier(s)”) and other business partners comply with applicable laws in the territories in which they operate. We would never knowingly do business with any Supplier who engages in human rights violations whether it involves the use of child labor, forced labor, discrimination, harassment, occupational health and safety, human slavery or human trafficking issues.
On September 30, 2010, California Senate Bill 657, also known as the California Transparency in Supply Chains Act of 2010 (the “Supply Chains Act”), was signed into law and codified in California Civil Code Section 1714.43 and California Revenue and Taxation Code Section 19547.5. The Supply Chains Act requires “retailers” and “manufacturers” conducting business in California, and conducting over $100,000,000 in worldwide sales, to publicly disclose what efforts they have taken to eliminate slavery and human trafficking from their supply and distribution chains. Pursuant to the requirements provided in the Supply Chains Act, we, at David Yurman, Inc., provide the following disclosures that discuss our efforts to combat slavery and human trafficking in our supply and distribution chains:
1. We, at David Yurman Enterprises LLC do not formally assess our Suppliers, but we have various internal means by which we can assess and evaluate the risks of human trafficking and slavery in our supply and distribution chains, including (i) reviewing Supplier profile information, (ii) conducting certain internal quality assessments and/or (iii) conducting external compliance assessments through, among other things, inspections and tours of our current and potential Suppliers.
2. To assure that our Suppliers comply with (i) all applicable laws within the country of business, (ii) international standards and (iii) all of our policies, procedures and/or regulations, among other things, we require most of our Suppliers to enter into a manufacturing and supply agreement (“Supplier Agreement(s)”), which requires that each Supplier allow us and/or our authorized agents to engage in monitoring activities to confirm that each Supplier that enters into a Supplier Agreement is in compliance with all applicable laws, international standards and all of the terms of the Supplier Agreement. These allowed and agreed to monitoring activities include, but are not limited to, unannounced and announced on-site inspections of facilities, reviews of books and records relating to employment matters, and interviews with our employees and the employees of each Supplier that enters into a Supplier Agreement. In accordance with the Supplier Agreements and our internal protocols, we routinely monitor our Suppliers’ facilities.
3. We require all of our Suppliers to comply with all applicable laws (including, without limitation, “wage and hour”, “health and safety” and “environmental” laws and regulations) within the country of business, with international standards and with the terms of the respective Supplier Agreements. The current Supplier Agreements require each Supplier that enters into a Supplier Agreement to agree to: (i) not use child labor in manufacturing, packaging or distribution of its products (each must obtain and maintain documentation of the date of birth of each person employed in their facilities); (ii) only employ persons whose presence is voluntary, and not to use any force or involuntary labor; (iii) treat each employee with dignity and respect, and not to use corporal punishment, threats of violence, or other forms of physical, sexual, psychological, or verbal harassment or abuse; (iv) not discriminate in hiring and in employment practices, including salaries, benefits, advancement, discipline, termination, or retirement, on the basis of race, religion, age, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sexual orientation or gender; and (v) respect the rights of employees to associate, organize, and bargain collectively in a lawful and peaceful manner.
4. To combat human trafficking and human slavery, we will maintain and enforce internal accountability procedures for employees and Suppliers regarding company standards in slavery and human trafficking. In the case of non-compliance, we reserves the right to examine the specific situation and develop a best possible strategy for resolution. If cases of non- compliance are not resolved within a timely manner, we may terminate the business relationship with any non-complying employee and/or Supplier.
5. Although we do not conduct formal training for the participants in management of our supply and distribution chains, the individuals that participant in the management of our supply and distribution chains have been in their positions for a significant number of years and have conducted numerous inspections and tours of our Suppliers’ facilities. Therefore, these participants are, in fact, knowledgeable and aware of the issues and concerns surrounding the supply and distribution chains, including human trafficking and human slavery.
In accordance to the new Supply Chains Act, we are dedicated to continue our expansion of our standards and are taking various measures to better our policies, procedures and regulations, in an effort to ensure eradication of slavery and human trafficking in our immediate supply and distribution chains and eventually beyond. This will include strengthening, and making more explicit, our workplace standards and policies for the Suppliers of our products.
HOW TO CONTACT US
You also may write to us at:
David Yurman Enterprises LLC
24 Vestry Street
New York, NY 10013
Thank you for visiting our Site.