Last updated: November 1, 2023
Our privacy practices may vary in the locations where we operate to reflect local practices and legal requirements. You can view the following region-specific information below:
- Additional Information for Individuals in California, Colorado, Connecticut, Utah and Virginia
- Additional Information for Individuals in Canada
- Additional Information for Individuals in Europe
- Additional Information for Individuals in the People’s Republic of China
- Additional Information for Individuals in Hong Kong
- Collection of Personal Information
- Use of Personal Information
- Targeted Advertising and Analytics
- Disclosures of Personal Information
- Data Retention
- Your Privacy Choices
- Data Transfers
- Joint Collection of Information for Shipments Outside the United States
- Data Privacy Framework
- Links to Other Websites
- How to Contact Us
- Additional Information for Specific Jurisdictions
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The categories of personal information we collect and the sources from which we collect it depend on your interactions with us and are described in more detail below.
Personal Information You Provide Directly to Us
We collect personal information directly from you, including when you engage in any of the activities listed below:
- Place an order from our Sites;
- Make a purchase at one of our Stores;
- Return an item or make an exchange from a previous purchase;
- Inquire about our products or services;
- Contact us to request assistance, book an appointment for our services, or provide feedback, including correspondence with customer service or our Store associates;
- Create an online account and profile;
- Subscribe to receive our emails or text messages;
- Enter a contest or sweepstakes;
- Participate in a marketing survey, promotion, or event; and
- Interact with us on social media, including by posting content and tagging us.
The types of personal information we collect directly from you may include your contact information (such as name, postal address, telephone number, and email address); social media handle; date of birth, engagement date, and anniversary date; login credentials for the Sites; purchase and transaction information (including serial numbers for timepiece registration); jewelry size information; marketing preferences; age or age range; gender; and any other information you choose to provide.
If you make a purchase from us, we work with third-party payment processors and financing partners to collect and process your payment information.
The provision of your personal information is voluntary. However, if you do not provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with our goods and services, fulfill your requests, or respond to your inquiries.
Personal Information We Collect by Automated Means
When you access and use our Sites, shop in our Stores, or otherwise interact with us, we may automatically collect certain information, including:
- Transaction Information: When you make a purchase or return, we collect information about your transaction, including products or services you purchased, returned, or are considering purchasing from us, the purchase price, and the date and location of the transaction.
- Devices and Usage Information: We collect information about how you access and use our Sites, including your device type, operating system type, browser type, domain, other system settings and unique device identifiers, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone where your device is located. The web server logs may also record information such as the routes by which you access our Sites and the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet. They may also log information about your interaction with the Sites, such as which pages you visited, items placed in your shopping cart, your access times, and your use of any hyperlinks available within our Sites. We may also use session replay technology to capture information concerning your interaction with our Sites, including keystrokes, mouse movements, and form field entries.
- Audio, Video, and Image Recordings, Customer Support, and Chat Conversations: We collect video recordings and images in our Stores for security, fraud, and loss prevention purposes. We also capture audio and video recordings during audio and video conference calls with you. If you contact customer support through our chat feature, we may monitor and retain the chat conversation, including for training purposes. Please do not participate in audio or video conference calls or use the chat feature if you do not consent to our monitoring and retention of calls or chat conversations with you.
Personal Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may collect personal information about you from other sources. For example, we may collect personal information about you from other customers who provide information about you, such as to send you a gift; marketing and advertising companies, such as data co-ops, mailing list providers, and market research companies; fraud prevention providers; and shipping and fulfilment partners. This information includes your name, email address, phone number, postal address.
Personal Information We Derive
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we collect. For example, we may infer your approximate location based on your IP address or that you are interested in purchasing certain products based on your browsing behavior on our Sites.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use the personal information we collect to provide, maintain and improve our Sites, products and services. We also use personal information to:
- create and manage your account;
- process your payment and fulfil your order;
- communicate with you about special events, programs, offers/promotions, product/service offerings, surveys, market research, and other information offered by David Yurman that we think will interest you, unless you have opted out of such
- communications (see “Opting Out of Marketing Communications” for more information);
- respond to your inquiries, comments, and requests and provide customer service;
- administer and fulfill our contests, sweepstakes, and other promotions and deliver rewards;
- identify, report, and repair errors that impair the functionality of our Sites;
- analyze trends and statistics, learn more about your shopping preferences and your interactions with our Sites, and improve your shopping experience;
- operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; enhancing and improving our products and services; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- protect against, identify and prevent security incidents, fraud, and other malicious, deceptive, or unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities;
- personalize and improve the Sites and provide content or features that match your profile and interests;
- target advertisements to you on third-party platforms and websites, unless you have opted out of such targeted advertising (see “Targeted Advertising and Analytics” for more information); and
- comply with our applicable legal and financial obligations.
TARGETED ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS
In addition, some of our advertising partners enable us to translate your email address or phone number into an identifier that can’t be used to identify you personally. Our advertising partners then use that unique identifier to show ads that are more relevant to you across the web and in mobile apps.
Some of the activities described in this section may constitute “targeted advertising,” “sharing,” or “selling” under certain state privacy laws. See “Individuals in California, Colorado, Connecticut, Utah and Virginia” for more information and the privacy rights available to residents of those states.
You can also learn more about interest-based ads and opt out of having your web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes by companies that participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance by visiting www.aboutads.info/choices if you reside in the United States, www.youronlinechoices.eu if you reside in Europe, or https://youradchoices.ca/ if you reside in Canada.
DISCLOSURES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
In certain circumstances, we may disclose the personal information that we collect about you. We disclose the categories of personal information described in the “Collection of Personal Information” section above in accordance with the following:
- Vendors and Service Providers: We make personal information available to our vendors, service providers, and contractors who perform services on our behalf, such as companies that assist us with customer service, content personalization, analytics, advertising and marketing, surveys, payment processing, fraud prevention, shipping and delivery, gift card and merchandise credit processing and fulfilment, and web hosting.
- For Marketing Purposes: We disclose personal information to third parties, for their own marketing purposes and to expand the reach and effectiveness of our own marketing campaigns. If you prefer to opt out of having your information disclosed in this way, see the “Your Privacy Choices” section below.
- Law Enforcement Authorities and Individuals Involved in Legal Proceedings: We disclose personal information in response to a request for information if we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- Corporate Transactions: We disclose or transfer personal information in the event of, or during negotiations of, any purchase, sale, lease, merger, amalgamation, or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets, including in the event of any acquisition, reorganization, dissolution, securitization, financing, or liquidation.
- Professional Advisors: We disclose personal information to our legal, financial, insurance, and other advisors in connection with the kinds of corporate transactions described above or in connection with the management of David Yurman’s business or operations.
- Consent: We disclose personal information when we have your consent or you intentionally direct us to do so. For example, if you tag us on social media, we may seek your permission to repost your content, which may include your username and image, along with the content of your original post.
We also disclose aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you. David Yurman processes, maintains, and uses this information only in a de-identified fashion and will not attempt to re-identify such information, except as permitted by law.
YOUR PRIVACY CHOICES
Updating Your Account Information
You can review and modify certain account information at any time by logging into your online account. You can also update your account information by contacting customer service at email@example.com.
Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies
Opting Out of Marketing Communications
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails or text messages from David Yurman by following the instructions in those communications or by clicking the unsubscribe link provided at the bottom of any David Yurman promotional email. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Opting Out of Marketing Databases
You have the option to prevent disclosure of your information in connection with a marketing database. Accordingly, you may object at any time free of charge to the use of your personal information in connection with a marketing database or withdraw any consent you previously provided to us and we will apply your preferences going forward. This will not affect the lawfulness of our use of your information based on your consent before its withdrawal.
If you do not wish for your personal information to be used in connection with a marketing database for direct marketing purposes, or, where applicable, you wish to withdraw any consent you previously provided to us, you may ask us to opt out of this use by contacting us as described in the How to Contact Us section below.
David Yurman is headquartered in the United States and we have operations and vendors in the United States and other countries. Therefore, we and those that perform work for us may transfer the personal information we collect about you through the Site to store or access it in countries other than the country in which the information originally was collected, including to the United States. Those countries may not have the equivalent data protection laws as those of your home jurisdiction. Where required by law, we provide adequate protection for the transfer of personal data in accordance with applicable law; David Yurman will implement appropriate safeguards in relation to those data transfers. To obtain a copy of the appropriate safeguards David Yurman has implemented, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
JOINT COLLECTION OF INFORMATION FOR SHIPMENTS OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
DATA PRIVACY FRAMEWORK
David Yurman participates in the EU-U.S. Data Privacy Framework, the UK Extension to the EU-U.S. Data Privacy Framework, and the Swiss-U.S. Data Privacy Framework (collectively, “Data Privacy Framework” or “DPF”) issued by the U.S. Department of Commerce and approved by the European Commission, UK Information Commissioner’s Office and the Swiss Data Federal Data Protection Commission. David Yurman commits to comply with the DPF’s Data Privacy Framework Principles with respect to personal information the company receives from the EU, UK and Switzerland in reliance on the DPF.
If third-party agents process personal data on our behalf in a manner inconsistent with the Data Privacy Framework principles, we remain liable unless we prove we are not responsible for the event giving rise to any damages. If you have a question or complaint related to our compliance with the Data Privacy Framework principles, please contact us as described in the How to Contact Us section below.
For any complaints related to the DPF that cannot be resolved with us directly, you may refer the matter to JAMS pursuant to the JAMS Data Privacy Framework Program, which is described on the JAMS website at https://www.jamsadr.com/eu-us-data-privacy-framework. JAMS mediation may be commenced as provided for in the JAMS rules. Following the dispute resolution process, the mediator or the consumer may refer the matter to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission, which has Data Privacy Framework investigatory and enforcement powers over David Yurman. Under limited circumstances, and after other available dispute resolution mechanisms have been exhausted, consumers may be able to invoke binding arbitration to address complaints about David Yurman’s compliance with the Data Privacy Framework Principles.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our Sites may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from us. Linked sites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review. To the extent any linked websites are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for the content on those websites, any use of those websites, or the privacy practices of those websites.
HOW TO CONTACT US
David Yurman Enterprises LLC
Attn: Customer Care
1250 Valley Brook Avenue, Suite 100
Lyndhurst, NJ 07071
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR SPECIFIC JURISDICTIONS
Individuals in California, Colorado, Connecticut, Utah and Virginia
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Utah, and Virginia have enacted consumer privacy laws that grant their residents certain rights and require additional disclosures (collectively, “State Laws”). If you are a resident of one of these states, this section applies to you.
Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Personal Information for Business Purposes
|Categories of Personal Information||Categories of Recipients||Use of Personal Information|
|Identifiers (such as your name, email address, postal address, phone number, social media handle, or IP address)||Advertising and marketing partners, Internet service providers, data analytics providers, operating systems and platforms, payment processors, shipping and fulfillment partners, repair partners, customer support partners, event partners, fraud prevention partners, cloud service providers, corporate affiliates||
|Characteristics of protected classifications under California or U.S. law (such as your age range, gender)||Advertising and marketing partners, data analytics providers|
|Commercial information (such as records of products or services purchased and returned, products viewed or placed in your shopping cart)||Advertising and marketing partners, data analytics providers, operating systems and platforms, payment processors, shipping and fulfillment partners, repair partners, customer support partners, fraud prevention partners, cloud service providers|
|Internet and electronic network activity information (such as information from cookies, browsing history, and search history)||Advertising and marketing partners, Internet service providers, data analytics providers, operating systems and platforms, payment processors, cloud service providers, fraud prevention partners|
|Approximate geolocation data (such as your city of residence, approximate location from your IP address)||Cloud service providers, advertising and marketing partners, data analytics providers, payment processors, fraud prevention partners|
|Audio and visual information (such as call recordings when you contact customer service and CCTV footage from our Stores)||Fraud prevention partners, customer support partners, cloud service providers|
|Inferences||Advertising and marketing partners, data analytics providers, cloud service providers|
|Other personal information that relates to or is reasonably capable of being associated with you (such as jewelry size information)||Other users of our services, customer support partners, repair partners, data analytics providers, fulfillment providers, cloud service providers|
Personal Information that we “Share,” “Sell,” or use for “Targeted Advertising”
We disclose the following categories of personal information to third parties for the purpose of engaging in targeted advertising and other marketing activities, including to expand the reach and effectiveness of our own marketing campaigns and for the third parties’ own marketing purposes. These disclosures may be considered “sales” or “sharing” or use of personal information for “targeted advertising” under certain State Laws.
|Categories of Personal Information “Shared,” “Sold,” or Used for Targeted Advertising||Categories of Third Parties|
|Identifiers||Advertising and marketing partners|
|Commercial information||Advertising and marketing partners|
|Internet and electronic network activity information (including information from cookies)||Advertising and marketing partners|
Other Details About Our Information Practices
- We collect personal information directly from you (for example, when you place an order from our Sites or make a purchase at one of our Stores), automatically when you access or use our Sites or shop in our Stores, and from third-party sources such as joint marketing partners, each described in more detail in the “Collection of Personal Information” section above.
- We do not knowingly collect, sell, or share personal information about consumers under the age of 16.
- We generally do not collect information that is considered “sensitive” under State Laws. In the limited circumstances that we do, such as collection of your account username and password, which is designated as “sensitive” under the California
- Consumer Privacy Act, we do not use or disclose such sensitive personal information for the purpose of inferring characteristics about you.
Your Privacy Rights
Access, Correction, and Deletion Rights
You have the right to (1) request to know more about and access your personal information, including in a portable format, (2) request correction of inaccurate personal information, and (3) request deletion of your personal information.
To exercise the access, correction, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- emailing us at email@example.com or
- calling us at 1-888-398-7626.
Opt Out of Sales, Sharing, Targeted Advertising
Some of the activities described in the “Targeted Advertising and Analytics” section above may be considered “sales” or “sharing” of your personal information or use of your information for “targeted advertising” under the law that applies to you. You have the right to opt out of such “sales” or “sharing” or “targeted advertising.” You may exercise this right by following the instructions on the screen upon your initial visit.
In addition to cookie-based ad targeting, we may disclose information about your purchases and contact information (such as email and mailing address) to our affiliates, advertising partners, and other third parties for marketing and advertising purposes, which may constitute “sales” or “sharing” of your personal information or use of your information for “targeted advertising.” You can opt out of having your information disclosed to these third parties by filling out our web form.
If we deny your request, you may appeal our decision by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have concerns about the result of an appeal, you may contact the attorney general in the state where you reside.
If you are from California, Colorado, or Connecticut, you, or a person you have designated in writing as your authorized agent (“Authorized Agent”) may make a consumer rights request.
If you wish to have an Authorized Agent make a request on your behalf, we may ask them to provide us with written proof that you have designated them as your Authorized Agent (such as a valid power of attorney or proof that you have provided signed permission for the Authorized Agent to make the request) and we may require you to provide information to allow us to reasonably verify that you are the person about whom we collected personal information.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your privacy rights.
Shine the Light Law - California Residents Only
California’s “Shine the Light” law requires certain businesses to respond to requests from California customers who ask about the business’s practices related to disclosing personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Alternately, such businesses may have in place a policy not to disclose personal information of customers to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes if the customer has exercised an option to opt out of such disclosures. We have such a policy. If you want to opt out of these disclosures of your information, please contact us as described in the How to Contact Us section below.
Individuals in Canada
If you are a resident of Canada, this section applies to you.
You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. If you withdraw your consent (or if you decide not to provide certain personal information), you acknowledge that we may not be able to provide you with certain products, services, or information.
Individuals in Europe
If you are located in the European Economic Area (the “EEA”), the United Kingdom (“UK”), or Switzerland, the following specific provisions apply to our processing of your personal information.
Legal Basis for Processing
When we process your personal data as described above, we do so in reliance on the following lawful bases:
- To perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., processing payments for and providing the products and services you requested).
- When we have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data to operate our business or protect our interests (e.g., to provide, maintain, and improve our products and services, conduct data analytics, and communicate with you).
- To comply with our legal obligations (e.g., to maintain a record of your consents and track those who have opted out of marketing communications).
- When we have your consent to do so (e.g., when you opt in to receive marketing communications from us). When consent is the legal basis for our processing your personal data, you may withdraw such consent at any time.
Data Subject Requests
You may have the right to access your personal information, to have your information rectified or deleted, and to restrict or object to the processing of your personal information. You may also have the right to receive, in a structured, commonly-used and machine-readable format, the personal information that you have provided to us about you, with your consent or based on a contract to which you are a party. You have the right to have this information transmitted to another company, where it is technically feasible. To exercise your rights, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at:
David Yurman Enterprises LLC
Attn: Customer Care
1250 Valley Brook Avenue, Suite 100
Lyndhurst, NJ 07071
If you have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you may lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority where you reside. Contact details for your Data Protection Authority can be found using the links below:
For individuals in the EEA: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en
For individuals in the UK: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
For individuals in Switzerland: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home/the-fdpic/contact.html
Individuals in the People’s Republic of China
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may process your personal information using automated processing methods to:
- Communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, special events, programs, product introductions, offers and special promotions, surveys and market research; and
- Develop mailing lists to facilitate our communications with you, and send you emails from time to time that contain commercial advertising.
How We Disclose the Information We Collect
We disclose your personal information in accordance with the “Disclosures of Personal Information” section above.
Individuals in Hong Kong
- We intend to use your name and contact information to send you marketing and promotional materials about our products and services, and your consent is required in order for us to do so.
- We also intend to share your name and contact information with our third-party vendors and our affiliates who provide services to better market products and services to you, and your written consent is required in order to do so.