Online Privacy Notice
Online Privacy Notice | David Yurman
Online Privacy Notice
Effective Date: 8/27/2015
We at David Yurman Enterprises LLC (“David Yurman”) respect your concerns about privacy. This Online Privacy Notice describes the types of personal information we collect at www.DavidYurman.com (the “Site”), how we use the information, with whom we share it and the choices available to users of our Site regarding our use of the information. We also describe the measures we take to protect the security of the information and how you can contact us about our privacy practices.
Our privacy practices may vary among the countries in which we operate to reflect local practices and legal requirements. You can view the following country-specific information below:
· People’s Republic of China
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The types of personal information users of our Site may submit include:
- Contact information (such as name, postal address, telephone number and email address);
- login credentials for the Site;
- payment information (such as payment card details);
- purchase and transaction information (including serial numbers for timepiece registration); and
- other personal information found in content that users provide, such as through our live chat function.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT BY AUTOMATED MEANS
We may use third-party web analytics services on our Site, such as those of Google Analytics and Adobe Omniture. These service providers help us analyze how users use the Site. The information collected for this purpose (including your IP address or other information collected by automated means) will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers. To learn more about opting out of these providers’ activities, click the relevant link below:
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use the information described above to:
- Provide products and services;
- create and manage your account;
- process your payment;
- send you catalogs and other promotional materials;
- communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, special events, programs, offers, surveys and market research;
- respond to your inquiries;
- perform data analyses (including anonymization and aggregation of personal information);
- operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; enhancing and improving our products and services; managing our communications; analyzing our products and services; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities; and
- comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies.
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
In addition, we use information collected through automated means for purposes such as (i) customizing our users’ visits to our Site, (ii) delivering content (including advertising) tailored to our users’ interests and the manner in which our users browse our Site, and (iii) managing our Site and other aspects of our business. We also may use this information to provide you with ads about our products when you browse this and other websites.
You may see our ads on other websites based on your visits to the Site because we engage in retargeting. For example, if you view a particular product on the Site, you may see an ad for that product on a third-party website. Our retargeting activities are handled by service providers that track your activity on the Site and third-party sites (using automated means such as cookies). Accordingly, we and our service providers may collect information about our visitors’ online activities over time and across third-party websites. To learn how to opt out of retargeting, click here.
Our Site is not designed to respond to “do not track” requests from browsers.
INFORMATION WE SHARE
We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information we collect about you, except as described in this Online Privacy Notice. We may share personal information with service providers who perform services on our behalf based on our instructions. For example, Neiman Marcus Direct serves as our fulfillment agent. We do not authorize our service providers to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. We also may share certain personal information with our affiliates for the purposes described in this Online Privacy Notice. In addition, we may share personal information with third parties whose products or services may interest you.
We also may share personal information with third-party database providers that other companies may use for their own purposes, including marketing. You have the option to prevent disclosure of your information in connection with a marketing database. Accordingly, you may object at any time free of charge to the use of your personal information in connection with a marketing database or withdraw any consent you previously provided to us and we will apply your preferences going forward. If you do not wish for your personal information to be used in connection with a marketing database for direct marketing purposes, you may ask us to opt out of this use by contacting us as indicated in the “How To Contact Us” section of this Online Privacy Notice.
In addition, we may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government entities, and (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity. We also reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation).
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
To the extent required by applicable law, California residents may ask us to provide them with (i) a list of certain categories of personal information that we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, and (ii) the identity of those third parties. To make this request, California residents may contact us as specified in the How to Contact Us section below.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
We offer you certain choices in connection with the personal information we collect from you. To update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists or submit a request, please contact us as indicated in the “How To Contact Us” section of this Online Privacy Notice. To the extent provided by the law of your jurisdiction, you may request access to the personal information we maintain about you or request that we correct, amend, delete or block the information by contacting us as indicated below. Where provided by law, you may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us or object at any time on legitimate grounds to the processing of your personal information, and we will apply your preferences going forward.
We may transfer the personal information we collect about you through the Site to countries other than the country in which the information originally was collected, including to the United States. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information. When we transfer your information to other countries, we will protect that information as described in this Online Privacy Notice.
HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide on the Site against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our Site may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from us. Linked sites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review. To the extent any linked websites are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for the websites’ content, any use of the websites, or the privacy practices of the websites.
UPDATES TO OUR ONLINE PRIVACY NOTICE
This Online Privacy Notice may be updated periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our personal information practices. We will post a prominent notice on our Site to notify you of any significant changes to our Online Privacy Notice and indicate at the top of the notice when it was most recently updated.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions or comments about this Online Privacy Notice, or if you would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, please contact us by email at CUSTOMERCARE@DAVIDYURMAN.COM.You also may write to:
David Yurman Enterprises LLC
24 Vestry Street
New York, NY 10013
If you are a resident of France, the following France-specific provisions apply to our processing of your personal information (i.e., personal data within the meaning of the French Data Protection Act (“Loi Informatique et Libertés modifiée”)) in lieu of the relevant sections of the Online Privacy Notice:
· We will collect the following categories of personal information through the Site: contact information you have provided us; your login credentials (if you have registered with us); personal information found in content you provide, such as through our live chat function; and traffic data via automated means of processing (such as cookies). To learn more about our cookie practices and your rights and choices, please reference the INFORMATION WE COLLECT BY AUTOMATED MEANS section above.
· We will process the information described above to provide products and services; create and manage your account; send you catalogs and other promotional materials; communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, special events, programs, offers, surveys and market research; respond to your inquiries; perform data analyses (including web analytics); operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; enhancing and improving our products and services; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions); protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities; comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies; customize your visits to the Site; and deliver content (including advertising) tailored to your interests.
· Only authorized personnel of David Yurman, its affiliates and our service providers will have access to your personal information.
· We will not share your personal information with other third parties (such as database providers) for those third parties to market their products or services to you without your consent.
· Some of our staff members (including our IT and marketing personnel) and our service providers are located in the United States. They will have access to your information for global customer relationship management purposes or to perform services on our behalf.
· We require our service providers to process personal information only in accordance with our instructions and to ensure the security of the information. In accordance with the French Data Protection Act, you have the right to access your personal information, to have your information rectified or deleted, and to object to the processing of your personal information. To exercise your rights, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at:
David Yurman France SAS
Attn: Customer Care - France
10 rue de la Paix
75002 Paris, France
People’s Republic of China Addendum
If you are a resident of China, in addition to the relevant sections of the Online Privacy Notice, the following China-specific provisions apply to our processing of your personal information:
We may process your personal information using automated processing methods to:
o Communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, special events, programs, product introductions, offers and special promotions, surveys and market research; and
o develop mailing lists to facilitate our communications with you, and use these lists to send emails to you from time to time that contain commercial advertising.
By providing your personal information to us, you consent to our use of your information for the purposes listed in (1) the Online Privacy Notice and (2) this Addendum